- Two large bedrooms – one with queen-size bed, one with four twin beds.
- Queen-size sleeper/sofa in living room with memory foam mattress topper.
- Modern comfortable furniture
- Bath with tub/shower: recently restored
- Towels, linens, and soap provided
- Fully equipped kitchen with gas stove, refrigerator, microwave, dishes, pots & pans, utensils, coffee maker, toaster oven, waffle iron, George Foreman grill, blender, aluminum foil, plastic wrap and storage containers.
- Complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate, sugar, flour, salt & pepper, condiments, etc.
- Free local phone calls
- Free Wi-Fi Available
- Central air conditioning
- Furnace with humidifier
- Smoke Free
- Garage and off street parking
- Washer/dryer, ironing board, iron and laundry soap.
- 32″ LCD Television and 20″ television
- DISH TV: America’s Top 250
- DVD and VCR
- Radio/cd/cassette player
- Attached screen porch
- Large private yard
- Badmitten, volleyball, lawn ring toss, horse shoes and croquet.
- 8 bicycles
- Garden (vegetables and fruit in season)
- Quiet La Crosse residential neighborhood
- Picnic table, grill and lawn chairs
- Clotheslines (inside and outside)
- In the kitchen there are snacks available for purchase on the honor system.
- On the built in bookcases you’ll find a variety of books, magazines, dvds and vcr tapes for your enjoyment.
- There are playing cards, puzzles, and games available as well.
- Take a few minutes and enjoy the two sets of magnetic poetry.
- You will find bits of history throughout the house regarding Lustron Homes and this particular Lustron.
- Catch up on the history of the house: watch the dvd “Lustron: the House America’s Been Waiting For” or read the book: Lustron Homes: The History of a Postwar Prefabricated Housing Experiment.
Entire house based on 4 person occupancy
Friday and Saturday night (2-night minimum)
$135 per night, $15 per additional guest
Sunday through Thursday
$115 per night, $15 per additional guest
No charge for children under 2 years old.
$150 per night, 2 night minimum
(Oktoberfest, WIAA Track Meet)
Check-in after 3:00 p.m.
No SmokingNote: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Gift Certificates Available
This fully furnished La Crosse short term rental home comfortably sleeps 7; children are welcome. Excellent lodging in La Crosse WI for seniors!
Our La Crosse vacation rentals are near Myrick Park, the Great River Trails, Hixon Forest, and UW-L. Also, ideal for vacationers, visitors to local universities, business travelers, nature lovers, and visiting family members.
The most unique feature of this La Crosse housing rental is its history as a Lustron Home — and that many of these homes have earned a place on the National Registry of Historic Places! Due to the WWII housing shortage, these homes were built with porcelain coated exterior panels, steel framing, and steel interior walls and ceiling. Approximately 2,498 Lustron homes were built in 1949 and 1950. The homes are known for their space efficiency, built-ins, and paint color choices.